[Nfb-new-hampshire] calendar & invitation

Ed Meskys edmeskys at roadrunner.com
Mon Mar 14 17:16:54 UTC 2011

Most months I publish a calendar of upcoming blindness related events in NH as part of the Lakes Region NFB chapter newsletter, and if you want to be sure to receive it, please ask me to put you on the permanent mailing list. And you are always invited to attend a meeting which might interest you, without obligation or pressure to join the NFB.

==
Subject: march newsletter

LAKES REGION NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND of NH NEWSLETTER for February 2011

We invite all persons interested in matters concerning blindness and low vision to our meetings. We normally meet at 10:30 AM on the 3rd Saturday of the month at the Good Shepherd Lutheran Church on Parade Road (Rt 106), a little north of Elm St., Laconia.

Last month we heard from our own Deborah Moore about her experiences at our Washington Seminar, and our new Congress-persons and their staff. We ended with our usual pot luck luncheon and adjourned.

Our next Lakes Region chapter meeting will be on the 3rd Saturday of March, the 19th, at the usual time and place. Our speaker will be Heather Aicholtz of the new NH "211" service. We will also plan travel for the annual Lions' "blind bowlers" April 1-3. As usual we will end with our pot-luck lunch. First time attendees and guests are not required to bring anything.

Please try to arrive by 10:30 for networking and socialization before our meeting starts at 11.

==

Do you know another blind or low vision person? Invite them to join us. We are the blind working to help the blind by sharing information, techniques, resources, and socialization. Help bring others to share with us. With their permission give us their regular or e-mail addresses so we can send announcements. We produce this newsletter in large print and by email. The cassette version is temporarily suspended as my high speed tape duplicator is out of order. Please request your preferred format. edmeskys at roadrunner.com, 253-6207.

If you need help with transportation please call Ed Meskys several days before the meeting and we will see what we can do to help.

CALENDAR

NOTE: I try to list all blind related events I become aware of. Please send news of other events to add.

Sat Mar 19, LR Chapter, speaker Heather Aicholtz of the new NH "211" service

Fri, Apr 1, Tech Users

Fri-Su, Apr 1-3, Lions Vision 2011 ("Blind Bowlers", contact Terry McGrew (673-2322) [new person!] for registration form. NOTE THIS IS SEVERAL WEEKS EARLIER THAN NORMAL!

Tues, Apr 5, Sight Services for Independent Living Laconia senior center, 1-3 PM

15-16  F-Sa, joint NFB NH & VT convention, Concord. Note change from last newsletter

Sat Apr 16  Dog Users, Red Blazer, Concord, 1-3:30 PM

Fri May 6, Tech Users meeting, NHAB

Sat May 21, Lakes Region Chapter Meeting

Fri Jun 3, tech users

Sat Jun 4, NHAB Blindness Awareness Walk

Note no June chapter meeting because of motorcycle invasion.

Sat-Thu, Jul 3-8, NFB National Convention, Orlando FL

Sat Jul ?, chapter picnic.