[Nfb-new-hampshire] Fw: Survey Monkey for Input into VR State Plan

Ed Meskys edmeskys at roadrunner.com
Mon Mar 14 18:42:15 UTC 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: Finn, Bill
To: NHBLIND-TALK at LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG
Sent: Monday, March 14, 2011 2:32 PM
Subject: Survey Monkey for Input into VR State Plan

TO:  SBVI Advisory Committee

        NH Blind Talk

Below is information on the VR State Plan Forums being held throughout the state, as well as the link below to the survey which we are asking VR customers, community partners, state-wide organizations, parents, and others to complete.  Please feel free to share this with others as well.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/6LQLV8Z

      NH Vocational Rehabilitation (NHVR) helps people with disabilities go to work.

      Last year NHVR assisted 1,043 individuals with disabilities obtain and maintain employment.

      We are always searching for ways to improve our services.

      You Can Help!

      Each year NHVR holds public meetings across the State to gather input on how our services are working in New Hampshire.  Your thoughts are important to us.  We have several options for you to provide input.

      §  You can join us at one of our scheduled meetings.

      §  You can complete an online survey - the survey is located at: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/6LQLV8Z

      §  You can send your ideas to:  Ella McAllister,

      21 South Fruit Street, Suite 20, Concord, NH 03301;

      via e-mail -  emcallister at ed.state.nh.us;

      phone (603)271-3471 v/tty; or fax (603)271-7095.

      The Agenda for the meeting includes a brief overview of NH Vocational Rehabilitation and the State Plan and then moves to gathering comments from those in attendance on the following topics: 1) How is Vocational Rehabilitation working for you; 2) What do you see as the rehabilitation needs of persons with disabilities in the State; and 3) Ideas you have for improvement and/or expansion of Vocational Rehabilitation.

      "We are looking for a few good ideas- "

      Come join us and share yours at VR Public Meetings

      Upcoming VR Meetings:

      Berlin:

      March 17, 2011

      NHVR Office

      650 Main Street, Berlin

      10:30 am -  11:30 am

      Concord:

      March 23, 2011

      NH Vocational Rehabilitation

      21 South Fruit Street,  Room100

      1:00 pm - 2:00 pm

      Keene:

      March 22, 2011

      Keene Public Library

      Auditorium

      10:00 am - 11:00 am

      Manchester:

      March 15, 2011

      West Branch Community Library

      Meeting Room

      10:00 am - 11:00 am

      Nashua:

      March 15, 2011

      Nashua Public Library

      Hunt Room

      1:00 pm - 2:00 pm

      Portsmouth:

      March 16, 2011

      Portsmouth City Hall, Conf. room B

      10:00 am - 11:00 am

      If you plan to attend and require an interpreter, or other accommodations, call Cyndy Wisell at Vocational Rehabilitation M-F 8am-4pm: (603)271-3471v/tty or at 1-800-299-1647 v/tty.

      For additional  information contact Ella McAllister,

      21 South Fruit Street, Suite 20 Concord, NH 03301.

      This publication is available in alternative formats upon request.

      The Department of Education, Vocational Rehabilitation believes in equal opportunity and complies with the Americans with Disability Act. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.

~~~

William A. Finn, Administrator

Services for Blind and Visually Impaired

21 So. Fruit St.

Concord, NH 03301

Tel: 603-271-3537