[Nfb-new-hampshire] Building the NH Parents of Blind Children group.

Penny Duffy pennyduffy at gmail.com
Sun May 15 21:15:48 UTC 2011

Hello all.

I am currently working with people from the National Organization of
Parents of Blind Children (a division of the NFB) to get a chapter started
here in NH.

I have been very motivated to do this since this NFB NH State Convention.
 The biggest hurdle is getting a group together officially form and elect a
board.  It doesn't have to be a lot of people. Then once we are
a formed entity we can grow from that. The NFB has a LOT it can offer
parents dealing with blindness with their children.   That and these
children are the future of the NFB.

I have set my goal (and I may be reaching too high) to get a group together
before the national convention in July.  I need parents and other interested
people to join. (you dont' have to be a parent to join the focus is on
parents thats all)

The key here is the parents don't have to have children who are child age.
 If anything parents of grown children have a lot they can offer for advice
to those of us who are busy trying to raise our children into
independent adults.

So if you know a parent or another person who many be interested in taking
part of this special project please have them contact me.

Penny Duffy pennyduffy at gmail.com 603-892-6355

I made a website http://www.nhpobc.org/  I also made a facebook page  (if
you are on facebook could you like it?)
http://www.facebook.com/pages/NH-Parents-of-Blind-Children/184422791607778

please forward this to any groups,lists or people who could be of any help

-Penny
Proud mother of 2 including Abby who suffered a vision loss last year.
http://visionfora.blogspot.com/