[Nfb-new-hampshire] NH Parents of Blind Children

Penny Duffy pennyduffy at gmail.com
Tue May 24 21:58:22 UTC 2011

I created an introduction letter for parents about this new group

I have gotten a great start getting word out about this.

The text is below and I also have it attached in .pdf format

Membership is open to parents of blind / visually impaired children,
teachers and other interested persons.   The focus always being   on the
parents.
http://www.nhpobc.org/      on Facebook at
http://www.facebook.com/pages/NH-Parents-of-Blind-Children/184422791607778

--Penny
----

*New Hampshire Parents of Blind Children provides vital support,
encouragement, and information to families and teachers of blind and
visually impaired children.*

www.nhpobc.org

Parent Contact: Penny Duffy 603-892-6355 *penny
<penny at nhpobc.org>@<penny at nhpobc.org>

Dear Parents of blind and visually impaired children,

I am a mother of a blind 7 year old daughter working to grow a group for
parents of blind and visually impaired children in New Hampshire. The
National Organization of Parents of Blind Children (NOPBC), a division of
the National Federation of the Blind. (www.nfb.org) is helping me in this
endeavor.

Has your blind/visually impaired child ever asked you “Can a blind person be
a …. ?” This what a relationship with the NFB can give you, answers. The
National Federation of the Blind is the largest membership organization of
blind people in the United States. This give us the special opportunity to
access the many NFB members for role models for our children. There are also
many programs the NOPBC and NFB provides to parents and children including
braille literacy programs, literature, youth programs and support.

We realize that parents are very busy and that blind and visually impaired
children are spread across the state. We would only have a few face to face
meetings/events a year to take into account parent’s busy lives. The focus
is on getting support and sharing information from a monthly newsletters,
monthly or bi-monthly themed conference calls, connecting on Facebook, the
website and email. We look forward to working with other parents to share
our ideas and come together to make great things happen for ourselves and
our children.

Please consider joining me in this organization. Check our website (
www.nhpobc.org) and find us on Facebook. Send me an email (penny at nhpobc.org)
and I will add you to our database of interested parents. We are looking to
have a face to face meeting to make plans and elect a board sometime this
summer.

Thank you,

Penny