[Nfb-new-hampshire] Fw: october newsletter

Ed Meskys edmeskys at roadrunner.com
Thu Oct 6 20:01:00 UTC 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: Ed Meskys
To: Undisclosed-Recipient:;
Sent: Thursday, October 06, 2011 2:51 PM
Subject: october newsletter

LAKES REGION NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND of NH NEWSLETTER for October,
2011

    We invite all persons interested in matters concerning blindness and low
vision to our meetings. We normally meet at 10:30 AM on the 3rd Saturday of
the month at the Good Shepherd Lutheran Church on Parade Road (Rt. 106), a
little north of Elm St., Laconia. Our next meeting will be the third
Saturday of October

Last month we exchanged hints about doing things at home, and discussed
plans for possible future activities. We will attend a Christmas Pops
concert, and in lieu of buying for a Yankee Gift Swap we will donate to
local food pantries. Virginia Dearborn also brought up as a possible Spring
activity a humorous stage presentation. I had talked about Deborah Moore
replacing me as president next year, but she has told me she is not quite
ready for that now. However I do need suggestions for possible future
speakers or discussion topics.

This month we will have as visitor the new head of the NH Talking Book
Library, Marilyn Stevenson, to chat informally about her experiences here.
As usual we will end with our pot-luck lunch. As always, guests and
first-time attendees are not expected to bring any food or drink.

==

Do you know another blind or low vision person? Invite them to join us. We
are the blind working to help the blind by sharing information, techniques,
resources, and socialization. Help bring others to share with us. With their
permission give us their regular or e-mail addresses so we can send
announcements. We produce this newsletter in large print and by email.
Please request your preferred format. edmeskys at roadrunner.com, 253-6207.

If you need help with transportation to NFB meetings ONLY, please call Ed
Meskys several days before the meeting and we will see what we can do to
help.

CALENDAR

NOTE: I try to list all blind related events I become aware of. Please send
news of other events to add to the list .

Fri, Oct 7, 9 AM-noon, blind technology users' meeting, NH Association for
the Blind, Concord. Phone 3 days in advance 800-464-3075 for transportation
help.

Sat, Oct 15, 11 AM, NFB LR chapter meeting, Good Shepherd Lutheran Church

Sat Oct 15, 1 PM, Dog Guide Users' meeting, Red Blazer Restaurant, Concord,
Dutch-treat lunch

Fri, Nov 4, 9-noon, Tech Users meeting, NHAB, Concord

Sat Nov 19, 11 AM, NFB LR chapter meeting, Good Shepherd Lutheran Church,
Laconia

Sat Oct 29, 11 AM, NFB state board meeting, Common Man Restaurant, Concord,
Dutch treat lunch, ALL welcome

Fri, Dec 2, 9-noon, Tech Users meeting, NHAB, Concord

Sat, Dec 3, 1-3:30, Dog Guide Users Christmas Party & Dutch treat lunch, Red
Blazer Restaurant, Concord

Tues, Dec 6, SSIL cancelled

Sat Dec 10, NFBNH Board Christmas Party for all in NH, Nashua

Sun, Dec 11, 3 PM, NFB goes to Holiday Pops Concert in Meredith followed by
Dutch treat dinner at Mug restaurant

Sat Jan 21, LR Chapter meeting

Wed, Feb 1, Lions Day on Ice,

Mon-Thu, Feb 6-9, NFB Washington Seminar

Tues, Feb 7, SSIL, Laconia

Sat, Feb 18, LR chapter meeting

Fri-Sat, April 13-14, NFB of NH state convention, Nashua (tentative, subject
to change)

Fri-Sun, April 13-15, Blind Bowlers, aka Lions Vision 2012

Sat, June 2, NHAB Blind Awareness Walk