[Nfb-new-hampshire] Braille Readers are Leaders Starts November 1st

Penny Duffy pennyduffy at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 00:54:14 UTC 2011

NFB's Braille Readers are Leaders starts November 1st you can register now.

"The Braille Readers Are Leaders Contest is a national contest for students
who read Braille, kindergarten through twelfth grades, and all adult Braille
readers.  The purpose of the program is to promote the joy of reading for
pleasure, to promote a pride in Braille as a viable literacy medium equal to
print, and to demonstrate the importance of independent reading in the
development of Braille literacy skills."
Lots of information at the following link.
http://www.nfb.org/nfb/Braille_Readers_Are_Leaders_Overview.asp

My daughter Abby a new braille reader will be taking part and I am so
excited.
--
--Penny Duffy
New Hampshire Parents of Blind Children    http://www.nhpobc.org/