[Nfb-new-hampshire] Salutations/Introduction

Ed Meskys edmeskys at roadrunner.com
Thu Feb 13 02:20:45 UTC 2014

Hello, Zachary,

Very interested to read your self-introduction.

>From your zip code, I would guess you are in the north-country. We used to
have an active chapter centered in Littleton, but it is down to two members
and no longer holds regular meetings. The chapter nearest to youis Lakes
Region, which meets in Laconia. Transportation is always a problem, but
perhaps you could make a meeting one day. Also, we are having our annual
state conference, in Keene, the weekend of April 11-14.

I am a long retired physics and astronomy professor. I am 78 years old (in a
few weeks), and became totally blind at the age of 35. I went thru rehab at
the Carroll Center, near Boston, and resumed teaching. I was born with poor
vision, but just barely had enough to get a driver's licence.

I would love to meet you soon.

Ed Meskys