[NFB-NM] NFB Names Amy Lund 2017 Distinguished Educator of Blind Students

Tonia Trapp tltrapp.7.467 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 03:12:51 UTC 2017

From: NFBNet-Members-List [mailto:nfbnet-members-list-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of National Federation of the Blind via NFBNet-Members-List
Sent: Tuesday, August 01, 2017 5:21 PM
To: nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org
Subject: [Nfbnet-members-list] National Federation of the Blind Names Amy
Lund 2017 Distinguished Educator of Blind Students

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CONTACT:

Chris Danielsen

Director of Public Relations

National Federation of the Blind

(410) 659-9314, extension 2330

(410) 262-1281 (Cell)

cdanielsen at nfb.org

National Federation of the Blind Names Amy Lund 2017 Distinguished Educator
of Blind Students

Baltimore, Maryland (August 1, 2017): The National Federation of the Blind
has presented its annual Distinguished Educator of Blind Students Award to
Amy Lund of Springfield, Illinois. Ms. Lund, a teacher of blind students
since 2001, currently teaches blind and low-vision students throughout the
Springfield, Illinois public school system. She became involved with the
National Federation of the Blind in 2009 and has served as coordinator and
lead instructor of the Braille Enrichment for Literacy and Learning (BELL)
Academies conducted by the National Federation of the Blind of Illinois in
both Springfield and Chicago. She holds a B.S. in Special Education,
Low-vision/Blindness and a Master of Special Education, Behavior
Interventionist and Material Adaptation, both from Illinois State
University.

"Ms. Lund has shown an admirable commitment to teaching blind students the
Braille code," said Mark Riccobono, President of the National Federation of
the Blind, "as well as to ensuring that they have the independent travel and
living skills they will need to live the lives they want from an early age.
Parents of blind students throughout her home state testify not only to her
excellence as a teacher, but to her warmth, friendliness, and lifelong
commitment to her students. We are delighted to present her with our highest
honor for educators of blind students."

The Distinguished Educator award carries with it a $1,000 cash prize and a
trip to the National Federation of the Blind National Convention in Orlando.
While at the convention, which took place July 10-15, Ms. Lund addressed
hundreds of parents of blind students and networked with other blind
individuals and teachers of blind students.

###

blindness is not what holds you back.

<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=9140&qid=1881873

<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=9141&qid=1881873

<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=9142&qid=1881873

<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=9143&qid=1881873

 <mailto:nfb at nfb.org> Image removed by sender. Email Icon Image

<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=9144&qid=1881873
> Image removed by sender. Donate to the NFB Icon.

National Federation of the Blind | 200 E Wells Street | Baltimore, MD 21230
| (410) 659-9314
Unsubscribe
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/unsubscribe?reset=1&jid=7305&qid=1881873&h=
c1d68edd48ff4779>  | Opt Out
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/optout?reset=1&jid=7305&qid=1881873&h=c1d68
edd48ff4779> |  Sign up for email newsletter
<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=9145&qid=1881873

200 East Wells Street
Baltimore, MD 21230
United States