[NFB-NM] Ohio State Diversity Survey on perceptions of race and cultur

Tonia Trapp tltrapp.7.467 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 04:23:51 UTC 2017

From: NFBNet-Members-List [mailto:nfbnet-members-list-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of David Andrews via NFBNet-Members-List
Sent: Friday, February 10, 2017 1:46 PM
To: nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org
Subject: [Nfbnet-members-list] Ohio State Diversity Survey

Fellow Federationists,

The following letter is from researchers at The Ohio State University to ask
for your input in a research study. Any adult, 18 years of age or older, who
is blind or low vision, is invited to participate. If you have any questions
regarding the study or the survey, contact information for all researchers
is located on the first page of the link attached to the invitation letter.

Dear Potential Research Participants,

As researchers at The Ohio State University, we are examining how
individuals who are blind or visually impaired perceive race and culture. It
is our hope to use the findings of our study to compare and expand upon
existing literature in an effort to understand how individuals who are blind
perceive racial diversity.

With race issues so prevalent in the news today, schools increasing focus on
multi-culturalism, and teacher training that emphasizes diversity in
schools, it is our hope to better understand the perceptions of individuals
who are blind within these areas in an effort to improve education and raise
awareness of diversity among all individuals, including individuals with
vision loss.

We are writing today because we want your voice to impact our work!

Please take the time to fill out our short survey at the link found below:

https://osu.az1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_73ZMg0u2dJihjBb
<https://protect-us.mimecast.com/s/O5WgBmh81K7Ie?domain=osu.az1.qualtrics.co
m>

Thank you for your time and consideration of this project!

Danene Fast and Ann Pilewskie