[NFB-NM] NFBNM wins a copy of KNFB Reader for Windows

Tonia Trapp tltrapp.7.467 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 02:48:56 UTC 2017

From: President, National Federation of the Blind [mailto:OfficeOfThePresident at nfb.org]
Sent: Monday, October 9, 2017 1:59 PM
To: President, National Federation of the Blind <OfficeOfThePresident at nfb.org>
Subject: NFB President’s Notebook - week of 10/9/2017

President’s Notebook

National Federation of the Blind

Mark A. Riccobono

officeofthepresident at nfb.org

(410) 659-9314

Critical Actions This Week:

Cardtronics ATM Testing:
Congratulations to the NFB affiliates in New Mexico, Rhode Island, and Arkansas for completing their assigned Cardtronics ATM testing and winning a copy of KNFB Reader for Windows. The next six affiliates to finish their testing will also receive a redemption code for one copy of KNFB Reader for Windows that they can use as a door prize at an upcoming convention.

To date, the NFB has received 227 completed tests and 373 ATMs remain to be tested. We are asking that all tests be completed by October 15. Please contact your affiliate’s testers this week to remind them of the testing deadline. If a tester in your affiliate has not yet received his or her testing instructions or Request Tracker (RT) login and password, please contact me as soon as possible at vyingling at nfb.org.

News:

Presidential Release:
The October Presidential Release <https://nfb.org/presidential-releases-en/presidential-release-464-october-2017>  is available on the NFB website.

Video:
As I mentioned in last week’s Notebook, we have produced an informational video about the white cane <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWrrGadn6u4>  and White Cane Awareness Day. It can be found on the Nation’s Blind YouTube channel. I encourage you to share this with our members, and to use it as a tool to educate the public on the white cane.

#WhiteCaneAwarenessDay Video Now Available:
As I mentioned in last week’s Notebook, we have produced an informational video about the white cane <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWrrGadn6u4>  and White Cane Awareness Day. It can be found on the Nation’s Blind YouTube channel. I encourage you to share this with our members, and to use it as a tool to educate the public on the white cane.

Meet the Blind Month Activities:
Remember to share with us the activities your affiliate has planned for Meet the Blind Month. We would like to include details about as many events as we can on our Meet the Blind Month events webpage <https://nfb.org/2017-meet-blind-month-events> . Details can be sent to communicationsteam at nfb.org.

New Member Form:
If you welcome new members this month, please complete the new member form <https://nfb.org/new-member-form>  online so they receive the welcome emails we have put together to introduce them to the Federation. If you have run out and would like to request additional membership cards, please email independencemarket at nfb.org to place an order.

Voice of the Nation’s Blind Blog:
I am pleased to report that we have launched a redesign of the Voice of the Nation’s Blind blog. This redesign will improve usability for visitors, so that our blog can become another resource for people hoping to learn about topics ranging from parenting to technology and more. If you have ideas for topics for the blog, or would like to submit a post for consideration, please contact communicationsteam at nfb.org.

Dates to Keep in Mind:

*	Fall Conventions <https://nfb.org/state-conventions>
*	November 1, 2017: 2018 Scholarship Application <http://nfb.org/scholarships>  period begins
*	November 6-8, 2017: Dare to Be Remarkable Conference <https://nfb.org/dare-be-remarkable-call-presentations> , Baltimore, Maryland
*	November 15, 2017: 2018 Dr. Jacob Bolotin Award competition <https://nfb.org/bolotin-award-main>  begins, deadline April 15
*	January 29, 2018: Great Gathering-In, Washington, District of Columbia
*	March 22-23, 2018: Jacobus tenBroek Disability Law Symposium, Baltimore, Maryland

Mark A. Riccobono

President

200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230

(410) 659-9314 | officeofthepresident at nfb.org

 <https://nfb.org/> National Federation of the Blind

                          <http://www.facebook.com/nationalfederationoftheblind> Facebook     <https://twitter.com/NFB_Voice> Twitter     <https://www.youtube.com/NationsBlind> Youtube