[NFB-NM] NFB BELL Academy (Braille Enrichment for Literacy and Learning)

Adelmo Vigil nfbnewmexicopresident at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 05:06:23 UTC 2019

Dear Federation Family,

During our last meeting of the NFBNM Board of Directors we discussed the possibility of having a one week (BELL) Program in Albuquerque on June 24 through 29, 2019.

We are seeking 8 to 10 volunteers to help during the week. If you are interested in volunteering please let me know as soon as possible.

We are planning on having a training on Saturday, February 23, and Sunday, morning February 24.  This training is essential for all of those who wish to volunteer in June.

Please let me know if you wish to volunteer and I will forward the information regarding the training coming up later in February.

Below is some information about (BELL).

 <https://nfb.org/programs-services/nfb-bell-academy> NFB BELL Academy (Braille Enrichment for Literacy and Learning) is a one-week summer program that prepares blind and low-vision children to be confident and independent adults. They learn Braille and nonvisual skills through fun, hands-on activities during a day program. Through these activities and interactions, the children learn that blindness or low vision does not define them or their future.

This program is available to children, ages 4 to 12, and will be held June 24-29, 2019, in Albuquerque, NM.

I look forward to hearing back from some of you folks out there. Let’s get involved and make a difference!

Sincerely,

Adelmo Vigil, President

 <mailto:NFBNewMexicoPresident at gmail.com> NFBNewMexicoPresident at gmail.com

(575) 921-5422

 <http://www.nfbnm.org/> www.nfbnm.org

The National Federation of the Blind is a community of members and friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation's blind. Every day we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.

 <http://www.nfb.org/> www.nfb.org

 <http://www.nfbnm.org/> ​ <https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https://nfb.org/&data=02|01|sarahrv@hotmail.com|1bc2cc05190e46a0b6ed08d5214e9c49|84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa|1|0|636451544831901854&sdata=67ePy8pS960Xkgtj5A2kWATL8vzfKKOLqKZtgdr%2Bhqo%3D&reserved=0>

(National Federation of the Blind - Live the life you want.