[NFB-NM] Wells Fargo, Scholarship America Launch 2020-21 Disability Scholarship Program

nfbnewmexicosecretary at gmail.com nfbnewmexicosecretary at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 01:53:12 UTC 2019

From: Vincent, Gina G. <GVincent at FDIC.gov>
Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2019 12:19 PM
To: Vincent, Gina G. <GVincent at FDIC.gov>
Subject: [EXT] Wells Fargo, Scholarship America Launch 2020-21 Disability
Scholarship Program

All

In honor of National Disability Employment Awareness Month, Wells Fargo &
Co. and Scholarship America seek applicants for the 2020-21 People with
Disabilities Scholarship Program.

The program will provide awards of up to $2,500 to qualifying full-time
students, renewable up to three years. Awards of up to $1,250 are available
to qualifying part-time students and are renewable up to seven years, or
until a bachelor's degree is earned, whichever occurs first. Students with
disabilities can apply for the scholarship program online through Dec. 6,
2019, or until 700 applications are submitted.

In 2016, Wells Fargo committed $1 million over four years to Scholarship
America to develop and implement the program, which aims to help people with
disabilities obtain the education or training they need to reach their
career aspirations. According to the U.S. Department of Labor, the
unemployment rate for people with disabilities is twice the rate of those
without, and people who have completed higher levels of education are more
likely to be employed. To date, Wells Fargo has donated $750,000 to
Scholarship America to help 111 scholarship recipients with disabilities
achieve their educational goals.

"I am deeply grateful for the support I received from Wells Fargo throughout
college," said Gloria Li, a two-year scholarship recipient and University of
Florida graduate. "The scholarship funds helped me purchase textbooks and
pay for living expenses, allowing me to focus on my academics and
extracurricular commitments. I recently graduated with my bachelor's degrees
in environmental science and philosophy. Now that I am working in energy
policy, I have the exciting opportunity to put what I learned into practice.
Without scholarships like Wells Fargo's, I may not have had the ability to
graduate debt-free and do what I love after college."

More information and instructions on how to apply can be found at:

https://newsroom.wf.com/press-release/corporate-social-responsibility/wells-
fargo-scholarship-america-launch-2020-21
<https://newsroom.wf.com/press-release/corporate-social-responsibility/wells
-fargo-scholarship-america-launch-2020-21>

Please feel free to share with your communities and other interested
parties. Thanks,

Patricia Nie

Community Development - New Mexico

Corporate Philanthropy and Community Relations

Wells Fargo | 200 Lomas Blvd. NW, 12th Floor  l  Albuquerque, NM 87102

MAC Q2129-122 | Tel 505-765-5132 l  Cell 505-250-1123

patricia.c.nie at wellsfargo.com <mailto:john.doe at wellsfargo.com>

This message was secured by Zix <http://www.zixcorp.com> (r).

Best wishes,

nfbnewmexicosecretary at gmail.com