[NFB-NM] FW: GOTTA KEEP SMILING

nfbnewmexicosecretary at gmail.com nfbnewmexicosecretary at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 16:43:27 UTC 2020

Hello All,

Our friend Nancy Burns has written an amusing and inspirational poem to
share with all of us during these difficult times. Here it is:

GOTTA KEEP SMILING

By Nancy Burns

Times are tough that is certainly clear.
Each day a new challenge seems to appear.
A trip to the store presents challenges anew,
No toilet paper again? what shall we do?
Social distancing is now a familiar term,
Keep washing your hands; ggotta get  rid of that germ.
Playing games at home like never before,
Staying in touch with friends is suddenly a chore.
Federationists are tough we all agree,
We keep on trucking and that is the key.
We love and we laugh, although we're maybe alone
As we stay in touch by computer or phone.
The isolation is tough, that's certainly true,
Gotta keep smiling we know what to do.
We love and we laugh as we remain inside
Keeping tough and displaying our Federationist pride.
Take laps around the kitchen and into the hall,
That might just keep you from climbing the wall.
I hope in some way I've brought a smile to your face.
We never guessed we would be in this place.
The end of this crisis is hopefully near
Stay Federation tough and we shall Persevere.

Best wishes,