[NFB-NM] FW: Release: State announces COVID-19 vaccine self-scheduling for New Mexicans 60 years and older

nfbnewmexicosecretary at gmail.com nfbnewmexicosecretary at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 23:39:10 UTC 2021

Best wishes,

From: Trapp, Greg, CFB <Greg.Trapp at state.nm.us>
Sent: Thursday, April 8, 2021 11:43 AM
To: 'nfbnewmexicosecretary at gmail.com' <nfbnewmexicosecretary at gmail.com>
Subject: FW: Release: State announces COVID-19 vaccine self-scheduling for New Mexicans 60 years and older

Immediate Release
April 8, 2021

State announces COVID-19 vaccine self-scheduling for New Mexicans 60 years and older
Department of Health also announces that 50% of New Mexicans 16 years and older have received at least a first shot

SANTA FE - The New Mexico Department of Health on Thursday announced that  <http://vaccineNM.org> vaccineNM.org registrants who are 60 years and older can now schedule their own COVID-19 vaccine appointments. To do so, users simply log in to  <http://vaccineNM.org> vaccineNM.org using their confirmation code and date of birth, choose their location, and then select from available appointments in their area. Event codes for New Mexicans 60+ are no longer required, though they are required for younger populations.

“We are pleased to offer increased scheduling flexibility for our seniors,” said DOH Cabinet Secretary Dr. Tracie Collins. “And in the coming weeks, we intend to offer self-scheduling for all New Mexicans 16 years and older.”

In the event that a user does not immediately find an available appointment, DOH encourages them to check back again. Providers are continually updating their appointment schedules.

Seniors and those with disabilities can also call 1-800-432-2080 for support with registration and scheduling.

The announcement comes alongside an  <https://cvvaccine.nmhealth.org/public-dashboard.html> important milestone: more than half of New Mexicans 16 years and older have now received at least a first shot, and nearly a third are now fully vaccinated. New Mexico continues to lead the nation in COVID-19 vaccine distribution.

###
NMDOH

Matt Bieber, Communications Director |  <mailto:Matt.Bieber at state.nm.us> Matt.Bieber at state.nm.us | (505) 470-2290

 <https://www.facebook.com/nmdoh> ‌  <https://twitter.com/nmdoh> ‌  <https://www.instagram.com/nmdoh> ‌  <https://www.linkedin.com/company/newmexicodepartmentofhealth> ‌