[NFB-NM] FW: Vaccine Registration for People with Disabilities

nfbnewmexicosecretary at gmail.com nfbnewmexicosecretary at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 03:23:21 UTC 2021

Best wishes,

From: Trapp, Greg, CFB <Greg.Trapp at state.nm.us>
Sent: Thursday, January 21, 2021 3:07 PM
To: 'nfbnewmexicosecretary at gmail.com' <nfbnewmexicosecretary at gmail.com>
Subject: Vaccine Registration for People with Disabilities

###

COVID Vaccines for Seniors and People Living with Disabilities
The state is encouraging New Mexicans to register for the COVID vaccine in
order to streamline distribution for Phase 1B and upcoming phases
NEW MEXICO -The State's Aging and Long-Term Services Department [ALTSD] has
announced that by Friday, January 22nd all 309 of New Mexico's Nursing Homes
and Assisted Living Facilities (including staff and residents) will have
been offered the first dose of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine. Now the
department is working to register currently-eligible populations (people 75+
years of age and individuals with underlying health conditions), as well as
individuals who will be eligible in upcoming phases. (The state's vaccine
distribution plan is
<https://cv.nmhealth.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/2021.1.8-DOH-Phase-Guida
nce.pdf> available here.) ALTSD is partnering with the Governor's Commission
on Disability as well as the New Mexico Developmental Disabilities Planning
Council to get individuals registered at VaccineNM.org
New Mexico is one of the only states in the country with a vaccine
registration portal. Officials are encouraging New Mexicans to use the
portal to register for the vaccine as soon as possible, by either visiting
the  <https://cvvaccine.nmhealth.org/> COVID vaccine website, calling the
Aging and Disabilities Resource Center at 1-800-432-2080, or calling the
Department of Health 1-855-600-3453.
"The more New Mexicans that register, the better equipped we will be to
ensure our aging population and people living with disabilities and/or
underlying health conditions receive the COVID vaccine," said ALTSD Cabinet
Secretary Katrina Hotrum-Lopez. "We are working with our entire network and
all of our providers to coordinate vaccine clinics across the state. The
registration portal is a key part of our strategy. So please register
yourself and then register your parents or grandparents, especially if you
are their caregiver."
Alice Liu McCoy, Executive Director of the New Mexico Developmental
Disabilities Planning Council [DDPC], echoed the urgency, "DDPC is committed
to ensuring all New Mexicans living with disabilities have access to the
vaccine, but we need your help. If you are currently eligible for the
vaccine, or you care for someone that is eligible, please call the ADRC or
visit the vaccine website to register today. Communication is essential to a
successful COVID vaccine rollout in our state."
Governor's Commission on Disability Director Linnea Forsythe said her agency
will be working to educate their partners and constituents to encourage
registration, "By registering online or over the phone, we can all play an
important part in making sure those who are vulnerable receive this vaccine
in a fair and expedient manner. We are working with our state and community
partners to provide information about vaccine registration and encourage
anyone who has questions about the vaccine to call the Department of
Health's vaccine hotline at 1-855-600-3453. Each vaccination brings us one
step closer to being free of COVID."
ALTSD is working with senior centers across the state as well as national
and local pharmacies to coordinate and schedule drive-through COVID vaccine
clinics at the centers or buildings with footprints that can accommodate the
activity. In the meantime, New Mexicans still need to adhere to the public
health order- wearing a mask, social distancing, and avoiding group
gatherings.
Register for the vaccine by calling 1(800) 432-2080 or by visiting
VaccineNM.org

###