[NFB-NM] FW: SAGE Agenda for state convention

nfbnewmexicosecretary at gmail.com nfbnewmexicosecretary at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 01:48:30 UTC 2023

National Federation of the Blind
State Convention
Senior Action Group Energy (SAGE) Seminar

Friday, September 22, 2023
Time: 2:00 P.M. - 4:00 P.M.
Embassy Suites (Sandia VII)
Albuquerque, New Mexico

Registration at seminar
Provide name, contact information, and pay $5 membership dues.

Welcome by Veronica Smith, President NFB Senior Action Group Energy (SAGE)
*	Introduction of SAGE board
*	Introduction of guests
*	Introduction of special guest speaker Maria Soller, OTR/L, CWK, CAP
(Occupational Therapist & Certified Wholistic Kinesiologist).
*	Introduction of Christine Hall, Former NFB of New Mexico President,

First President of SAGE

Business Meeting
*	Minutes from 2022 SAGE seminar at convention
Nathalie Martin, Secretary, NFB SAGE
*	Treasurer's Report
Urja Lansing, Treasurer, NFB SAGE

Seminar topic
"Keep Moving! Stay Strong! And Be Safe!
Marie Soller
PRESENTATION TOPICS Part I:
*	Self-Introduction
*	What is Occupational Therapy?
*	Importance of movement & how to accomplish it
*	Home safety
*	Fall Prevention Strategies
*	Pain management
*	Importance of Flexibility & Balance
*	Importance of overall body strength
*	Interactive upper & lower body exercises
PRESENTATION TOPICS Part II:
*	What is Wholistic Kinesiology?
*	Importance of proper nutrition & hydration
*	Importance of supplementation & medication management
*	Importance of stem cell activation
*	Mind, Body, Spirit Connection
*	Questions & what my practice offers.

Drawing for a $50 door prize
(One must be a paid member and present to win)

If you will not be attending in person, please send your $5 check written
out to: SAGE. On a separate piece of paper Include your name, address, city,
state, Zip, email address and telephone number.

Send to:
Urja Lansing
4323 San Pedro Dr. NE G-112
Albuquerque, NM  87109

If you have questions: Call Urja at (505) 345-3378 or send an email to
urjalansing at q.com <mailto:urjalansing at q.com> .

** Per our SAGE constitution, elections will be held at our monthly Zoom
meeting on Wednesday, November 8, 2023, at 7:00 P. M. Mountain time.

You must be a paid member by October 11, 2023, to vote.

There will be a drawing for a door prize of $50, and one must be a paid
member and present to receive the prize.