[NFB-NM] requesting volunteers at National Convention.

Tara Chavez nfbnm.president at gmail.com
Wed May 22 01:56:25 UTC 2024

Attention National Convention Attendees:

If you are attending the National Federation of the Blind National
Convention in-person, please see below for several ways to get involved in
helping make the Convention a success. If you have questions, please let me
know. Thank you in advance for volunteering at this year's Convention.

Volunteers Needed!

Are you interested in helping to make the 2024 national convention a huge
success? You can help by volunteering in the Independence Market at national
convention! We are currently looking for volunteers to serve as
demonstrators, storekeepers, and line marshals on July 4, July 5, July 6,
and July 7. The first two days have two shifts: 8:30 AM - 12:30 PM and 12:30
PM - 5:00 PM. On July 6 and 7, the time is only during the lunch shift from
12:00 PM - 1:45 PM.

The Independence Market at national convention would not be possible without
the support, dedication, and hard work of our numerous volunteers. For more
information or to volunteer, please contact Jen White at (410) 659-9314,
extension 2236, or email her at jwhite at nfb.org <mailto:jwhite at nfb.org>
today!

DeafBlind Division Needs SSP Volunteers:

The DeafBlind Division is seeking volunteers to assist deafblind members as
SSPs. There is a
<https://nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention/support-service-provider-v
olunte> sign-up form on the convention website. Anyone that needs more
information should reach out to Maurice Mines at
<mailto:nfbdbpresident at mmines.org> nfbdbpresident at mmines.org.

 Convention Ally Network

We commit that our 2024 convention will be a safe space for all blind
people, as well as our friends, families, partners, and allies, and we are
confident that Rosen Hotels & Resorts and the Orlando community join us in
that commitment. Here is information regarding concerns about being in
Florida.

*	July 3, 2023:
<https://nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention/statement-board-directors-
federation-community-regarding-location> Statement of the Board of Directors
to the Federation Community Regarding Location of 2024 National Convention
*	December 1, 2023:
<https://nfb.org/images/nfb/publications/bm/bm23/bm2311/bm231103.htm>
Convention Location Update and Planning
*	February 29, 2024: the Convention Ally Network launched. The goal of
this network is to help facilitate participation in the convention and
support those who feel unsafe because of laws in the state of Florida. Sign
up for the Convention Ally Network if you are seeking support or if you are
interested in being an ally during convention. Submissions will be
confidential, and there will be pre-training.
<https://nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention/convention-ally-network>
Learn more and sign up for the Convention Ally Network.

National Convention Ambassador Volunteers needed

The National Federation of the Blind convention ambassadors assist in making
the national convention a welcoming and empowering experience for all of our
attendees. Ambassadors play an important role in sharing accurate
information, providing access to information at key locations within the
convention, and generally serving as a positive influence on the convention
and solving problems.

If you have been to convention, you know who these people are! These are the
folks that have served as talking signs, that have made sure that you know
where the escalators are or where the doors to key meetings are, who have
helped to give you directions to this and that place, and who have answered
questions. And our ambassadors are all volunteer members who take on
assignments to help all convention attendees, whether it's your first or
your fifteenth convention, to have a great experience.

Ambassador Interest Form
<https://nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention/national_convention_ambass
ador_>

Tara Chavez, President