[Nfb-or] orabs meeting in portland

T. Joseph Carter carter.tjoseph at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 17:51:49 UTC 2009

By the way, you can see who is on the list since you're subscribed to
it.  Just go to the listinfo page link at the bottom of each message
and put in your email and password.  Vivian and Kendra are the only
people I don't see on the subscriber list, Cc'd.

We're discussing a gathering, generally informal, in the Portland
area since most of our students can be found there.  We're looking at
May 1st.  A day trip to Portland is doable from Salem, though it
involves getting up pretty early if you want both a short travel time
and low expense.  I can explain the trip if someone's curious.

I have no idea how to do the trip from Coos Bay--it seems best to
call it an "all day trip" from parts that far south.  I wouldn't
suggest meeting over lunch, in that case.

Ideally, I'd like to see us get several groups of students active--a
few in this region including Salem and Monmouth, in the Portland
area, Eugene, and Southern Oregon.  But at least for now, I know that
I can make it to Portland, and I believe Renee was interested as
well.

Joseph