[Nfb-or] ocb

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Thu Jun 25 05:18:31 UTC 2009

Don,

Hey!  The direcotr of the OCB, and the departmental directors, "don't
believe in the NFB or Any of Those People."  The way they say this when the
subject comes up leads one to believe that they deny the existence of any
such thing as the NFB.  They display a lot of anger in tone and voice.

The staff, including instructors and VR counselors, are not allowed to
provide clients with information about either organization, even if only to
point the client to study materials the Ocb cannot provide.  One very fine
individual staffer did, in a hushed voice, mention that the NFB had the
materials I was looking for but made sure I understood they were not allowed
to tell me that.

So when I've exhausted whatever round of attempt to get services through my
VR counselor and go over his/her head to his boss, I'm always sure to
mention the NFB and/or ACB in a casual manner just to watch her come unglued
and get all huffy.  That sort of petty entertainment is about all I'm likely
to come out of the meeting with, anyway.  /evil grin/

I would say, to sum up, they are not friendly to the NFB of Oregon or
anybody else of our ilk.

Tami Smith-Kinney