[Nfb-or] Blind Students Update

Haben Girma habnkid at aol.com
Mon Mar 30 02:58:12 UTC 2009

Hey Joseph,

I would love to have another meeting in Portland! We need to divide up
the labor of sending letters to agencies for the blind and schools in
Oregon. What do you think of combining the business meeting with hiking,
tandem biking, rock climbing, or social dancing? Hiking would involve no
costs, rock climbing and social dancing would be about $10 per person,
and tandem biking would, I have to say, probably be out of our financial
reach to organize. I'd be fine with the food or meeting room, of course.

Joe Orozco is the webmaster of the NABS website and he made it sound
like he could easily have a site up for us. If I understand you
correctly, Oregon definitely needs a website so since Oregon will get
one, might as well have the student page at the same place. Right?

How do you all feel about a regional event with Washington and Idaho?

best,
Haben