[Nfb-or] Student Outreach

T. Joseph Carter carter.tjoseph at gmail.com
Sun May 3 23:55:01 UTC 2009

The one Celyn and I did together was February 2005, so a long time
ago now.  I haven't done it since returning from Colorado.

What we did then was drive out to the coast with a bunch of high
school students and a couple Commission employees for a weekend
retreat.  There were lots of discussions about college life,
independence, working with DSOs, etc.  There were also team-building
games and other sillinesses.

It was fun, and I hope they do it again, since they will be able to
reach students that may not necessarily be reached otherwise.

Joseph