[Nfb-or] PDX BlindCafe

T. Joseph Carter carter.tjoseph at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 17:06:28 UTC 2010

Sue, I’d be interested in your reaction.

The problem is that we are surrounded by well-meaning people who end
up making things worse in their ignorance.  The sentiments you see
are not really directed at the people…at least not really.  They are
directed at the things these people do—things that wind up hurting us
in the long run.

It would be nice if just once in awhile, people would come to us and
ask our help in portraying blindness as what it is, rather than what
they imagine it must be.  It rarely happens, so sometimes we wind up
venting about it a bit more than is perhaps good for us.

Joseph