[NFB-OR] Meetings & Event Schedule - Coalition, Parkways, White Cane Day

Autumn Louise autumnschaefer at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 05:58:06 UTC 2019

Hi Friends!

Our NFB chapter is strongly encouraged to participate in these events
co-organized by a wider community group which includes NFB, ACB, PBOT,
Vision Zero, and more. This group is called the* Pedestrian Safety Action
Coalition*, which is dedicated to the safety of pedestrians. Both of these
events are intended to educate the public of the crossing laws for
pedestrians in general and specifically for pedestrians using a white cane
or guide dog.

Please get involved, come to the meetings to find out more. And please mark
your calendar for these events, plan to come and participate or just
attending shows your support!

*Coalition Committee Meetings -* all are welcome!

Located at the same place as our chapter meetings. 1400 SW 5th Ave. 6th
floor Conference Room

Friday September 13th 2:00 – 4:00 pm

Monday October 9th 2:00 – 4:00 pm

*Events*

*Sunday Parkways NE* *- September 22nd 11:00 am– 4:00 pm *

The Coalition will be sharing space with Vision Zero. The booth is taken
care of but please stop by and say hi to participate in this event

Exact location will be announced by PBOT 5 days prior.

More details about this Parkways event here:
https://www.portlandoregon.gov/transportation/67623

More details about one of our partners, Vision Zero:
https://www.portlandoregon.gov/transportation/71730

*White Cane Safety Day Celebration *

*Tuesday October 15th 11:00 am - 2:00 pm*

*PSU Smith Memorial Student Union 1825 SW Broadway St.*

*We will be located at the North side of the building in the breezeway
between Smith & Cramer Hall*

Join this fun and educational event. Community white cane walk & crossing
is promptly at 12:00 pm so please arrive beforehand so you can participate,
this will likely be publicized so the more canes the bigger impact! At
12:00 pm we will gather and walk South on SW Broadway turning East onto SW
College Street and walking to SW 4th Ave, where we will meet and cross
together with white canes and guide dogs. There we will share information
with drivers, pedestrians and lunch goers nearby, then walk back to our
Smith location to enjoy the festivities.

Attached is a full page flyer that you are welcome to distribute. It has a
color image of people with canes crossing and reads “my cane is my
right-of-way.”

Hope to see y'all soon!
Autumn

Autumn Louise Schaefer, CCH, CHC, RM

*Certified Classical Homeopath. Certified Health Coach, Reiki Master*

Board Member, Homeopathic Academy of Naturopathic Physicians

www.AutumnLouiseSchaefer.com <http://www.autumnlouiseschaefer.com>

www.Facebook.com/AutumnLouiseSchaefer/
<http://www.facebook.com/AutumnLouiseSchaefer/>

503-897-0058