[Nfb-science] re AP. Physics Logistics Question

John Miller j8miller at soe.ucsd.edu
Sun Oct 11 20:38:51 UTC 2009

Chelsea,
Please consider making fliers to post at a local community college, your church, or your local high school.
What you seek is volunteer hours from a sighted assistant to go over physics assignments.
Being that you are in the middle of a physics course with components that are not accessable to the blind, I recommend you reach out to see
If sighted volunteers can help close the gap.  For a fellow high school student, are there community service requirements at your high school that could be met by this assistence?
Getting used to working with volunteer and paid assistants is a key part to succeeding as a blind scientist.
Best of luch and let us know how things go!
As to performing well on an A.P. Physics exam, take prior A.P. Physics exams if any teacher in your district has some on file.
Old exams prepared me quite well to do well on the current exam.
Very best,
John