[Nfb-science] Computer engineering for blind students

Kartik Sawhney sawhney.kartik at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 05:37:13 UTC 2010

Hi,

This is Kartik Sawhney from India. I've posted onto this list earlier
too. I wanted to know if pursuing Computer Science and Engineering is
possible for a completely blind person in universities like MIT and
Harward etc. as someone told me that they have some portions in the
curriculum that are not accessible. Is it true? What about other
universities? Further, I do not know much of braille, as I've been
using computer since class I (now, I'm in class X). Therefore, how can
I draw organic structures and Lewis structures in Chemistry on the
computer. Any special software? And, one last question, how can I
comprehend Physics. I've absolutely no exposure to tactile aids as
yet. Kindly suggest.

I know that I've asked too many questions in a single mail. However,
your help is greatly required!

Anticipating your quick reply,
Regards,
-Kartik Sawhney