[Nfb-science] High school biology help needed

Mary Ann Bennett mab749 at verizon.net
Mon Dec 20 18:22:07 UTC 2010

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the list.  My daughter is visually impaired, in 10th grade
biology class, and I was recently told by her science teacher that, though
the teacher has a lot of interesting videos on cells, she doesn't show them
in class, because of my daughter.  Thus far, biology, which is a fascinating
subject, has been nothing but memorizing terms and my daughter is
understandably becoming very bored.  I've googled 3D versions of plant and
animal cells and have found a few that I think might be affordable to order
for home.  I've requested described DVDs from dcmp.org, but haven't received
them yet.  Do you have any recommendations for making high school biology
interesting for a visually impaired student?

Many thanks,
Mary Ann Bennett