[Nfb-science] question about editing papers with co-authors

cheryl fogle cfogle at unm.edu
Sat Feb 20 14:16:52 UTC 2010

        Hello all,

I'm looking for tips on productive ways a blind person can edit papers with
co-authors.  My sighted colleagues favor using the "track changes" option in
word for edits.  I have found difficulties where Jaws 11.0 commands don't
bring up the list of revisions for me in Word 2003 with Windows XP pro.  I
went through the Jaws application help on that topic and have already
stumped technical support.

Can anyone suggest technical or nontechnical ways to do the edits.  I have
limited use of an assistant if I choose to do the editing with a reader, but
another entity is paying for those hours.  Can anyone give a ball-park
estimate for hours of reader time needed to edit about 50 pages with
multiple revisions per page?  Thanks.

Cheryl