[Nfb-science] Conference Question

cheryl fogle cfogle at unm.edu
Sat Oct 9 20:22:35 UTC 2010

Christine,

I have attended conferences alone several times and presented a paper at my
last conference.  The first thing I do is talk with the hotel front desk
staff as I'm checking in.  I ask for general directions from the front desk
to the conference rooms.  The hotel arrangements I've seen so far usually
put the lobby and front desk in between the restaurant and a hallway to the
conference rooms.  As I'm getting my materials from the conference
registration desk, I'll ask them where the poster room is and the paper
presentations are held.  If there's a long line when I get my materials,
I'll forgo the questions then and return later when the volunteers have more
time to be descriptive.

As for setting up your poster, I would arrive early and get assistance from
your session organizer.  The program might have that person listed and if
you can get a copy from the conference website, you might send a quick
e-mail asking about logistics.  I had to do that last time to get someone to
advance my slides on a common computer.

Good luck

Cheryl