[Nfb-science] Conference Question

David Evans drevans at bellsouth.net
Sun Oct 10 20:47:06 UTC 2010

Dear Christine,

Getting yourself a talking compass can help you with finding major
directions inside and outside the building.  You can even ask to hotel staff
to give you an orientation and even to walk you around to get the lay of the
land before the conference starts.  All you need to do is tip the person and
alot of your problems are solved.
You can tie something around your door knob to help you find it easier, but
I don't think you will have as much trouble as you think, especially with
your guide dog.  Get your dog to smell the door knob of your room and I bet
they will find it for you.
Everyone is a little lost at first and getting there early can let you
explore the place without all of the bodies getting in the way.  I am sure
you will do just fine so don't worry and have fun meeting new people.

David Evans, sNFBF and GD Jack.