[Nfb-science] Matrix Computations in Linear Algebra

Chelsea Cook astrochem119 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 03:39:23 UTC 2010

Hello,

Sorry I haven't written for a while; I've been getting adjusted to
college. I have a small problem that I would like to have solved
relatively quickly. I'm taking a basic linear algebra course this
semester and we have started matrix operations for solving systems of
linear equations. Although I am an avid Braille reader, I am not where
I need to be on the slate and stylus, and am generally trying to
wrestle with Excel 2010 to help me with the calculations. (Any tips
here would help, i.e multiplying a row by a constant and then adding
it to another row in one step). I know this has been done before: any
suggestions would be apreciated. I know the basics of Latex, but the
way it handles matrices is unclear.

Thanks so much,
Chelsea

--
Chelsea Cook

Virginia Tech 2015; Physics Major
cook2010 at vt.edu
"I ask you to look both ways.  For the road to a knowledge of the
stars leads through the atom; and important knowledge of the atom has
been reached through
the stars."
Sir Arthur Eddington, British astrophysicist (1882-1944), Stars and
Atoms (1928), Lecture 1