[Nfb-science] Linux Accessibility Features

Jennifer S. Lasseter jenrose1976 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 4 04:30:46 UTC 2012

Do you any of you operate your computer(s) primarily in a Linux environment?
I'm preparing to enter the wild world of independent contracting and self-employment and am seeking advice on choosing between Windows and Linux for my computing needs.

My experience with Compiz and Orca in Fedora 14 is that they are fairly limited and not very sophisticated. Does Fedora 17 offer anything better? In contrast, I was impressed with the capabilities of Supernova for Windows. The availability of training and tech support will likely also be factors in my choice.

Thank you!
-Jennifer Lasseter, P.E.