[Nfb-science] Linux Accessibility Features

Brian Buhrow buhrow at nfbcal.org
Tue Sep 4 04:56:10 UTC 2012

	hello Jennifer.  I think the answer to your question depends a lot on
what it is you plan to be doing as a self employed contractor.  If the
people you're working with/contracting for are Linux users and preefer that
environment, and there are tools that work for you in that environment,
then Linux is what you should use.  On the other hand, if everyone in your
immediate working community is using Windows based tools, then you'll
probably end up using those.  Come to that, if everyone you're working with
is using a Mac, then conceivably you may find yourself becoming a Mac user.
The point I'm trying to make is that you should assess the situation on a
case by case basis, depending on what contracting project you're  working
on/competing for and pick the tool that best works for you in that project.
Having familiarity with all tools available to you in all environments will
make you a better contractor and will make you more competitive.

Hope that helps.
-Brian