[Nfb-science] NVDA, Zoom Text and Supernova software

Jennifer S. Lasseter jenrose1976 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 6 22:05:08 UTC 2012

Dear list,
I'm prepping myself for a new career endeavor and would like some assistance in choosing my screen reading/magnifying software approach.

First I'm curious if NVDA can  work with screen magnifiers like ZoomText. (I've used ZoomText for more than 15 years and find screen reader can't keep up with me, but like magnifier and already own a license for it.)

I've tried Supernova and found it a promising option. I'm just not sure I want to pay for a new software license and training when I don't have a whole lot of money to spare.

Unfortunately, I don't have a Windows machine readily available to mess around with NVDA currently. (Have Linux at home.)

Thank for the advice,
-Jennifer