[Nfb-science] NVDA, Zoom Text and Supernova software

Brian Buhrow buhrow at nfbcal.org
Thu Sep 6 22:47:16 UTC 2012

	hello Jennifer.  Brian here again.  I apologize if I didn't understand
your original question regarding what you should consider doing in terms of
geting and using a screen reader.  From this message, it looks like you may
be primarily a screen magnification user, as opposed to a user who relies
on speech for access.  If that's the case, Linux may have a lot more
options for you than I originally guessed.  I don't know, but I assume
you're runing the Gnome desktop on your Linux box.  If that's true, I
believe there's a pretty good screen magnifier that runs in that
environment, and there are a lot of tools to allow you to access Windows
machines through that environment remotely, meaning you might not need
Windows on your desktop to get work done.
-thanks
-Brian