[Nfb-science] Marching

Miso Kwak kwakmiso at aol.com
Tue Jul 30 14:48:08 UTC 2013

Hello
Like Danielle, I do not have a guide dog but I have marched ,marching
band for the last 4 years which marched numerous competitive and
non-competitive parades.
For me, I used a sighted guide but it was different because the guider
put her hand on one of my shoulders.
The guider just makes sure that I am in line and have correct posture.
You could ask the parade coordinator to put you in the either very left
or right side of the block so that the guider has a room to stand next
to you without messing up the form of the parade block.
If you choose to use this method, your guide dog will probably not be
able to march in the parade.
In terms of staying in step correctly, you could pay attention to the
cadence or music as Danielle mentioned.
Miso Kwak