[Nfb-science] procuring physics textbooks

Noble,Stephen L. steve.noble at louisville.edu
Sat Jun 28 23:55:16 UTC 2014

One issue, which perhaps you allude to, is that screen reader vendors have not bothered to support Nemeth braille in the display output. I suggest that both you and your school contact the vendor to make sure they know this is a critical need which is not being met.

If you know LaTeX, you can take the Word+MathType version and use the toggle-tex command to turn all of the MathType equations into TeX, which would allow you to read the TeX code in the braille display, as well as search the content for particular equations.

I am sure others will have additional suggestions.

Best regards,

--Steve Noble
steve.noble at louisville.edu
502-969-3088