[Nfb-science] procuring physics textbooks

John J. Boyer john at godtouches.org
Sun Jun 29 03:05:03 UTC 2014

If you can get an electronic version in Daisy or epub3, with the math in
MathML, you can try using BrailleBlaster to get both files that you can
read on your Braille Note and can emboss. The math can be in Nemeth or
some other Braille math codes. I had similar problems in college, so I
have made it my life's work to help others in the STEM fields. The name
BrailleBlaster means that the program is intended to unleash a blast of
Braille for those who most need it. BrailleBlaster is a free, open
source Braille transcription program sponsored by APH, ViewPlus and
AbilitiesSoft. You can learn more about it and download installers for
Windows and Mac at http://www.brailleblaster.org . I will be happy to
communicate with you more offlist at john.boyer at abilitiessoft.com .

Thanks,
John