[Nfb-science] Question

aerospace1028 at hotmail.com aerospace1028 at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 9 10:03:00 UTC 2016

Hello Mariya,
I agree that obtaining input from the professor about the content and teaching-style would go a long way in helping you make your decision.  If possible, you might want to find out if you can sit-in on a couple of classes the previous semester to get a feel of how well you can process the visual slides etc.

"Descriptive Astronomy," to me, implies sky-watching topics (constalations, meteor showers etc.).  If that is the case, lecture slides might include photos captured from a telescope, images of the night sky (possibly with lines connecting the dots of the constelations), images from lunar or mars orbiters and landers.  You'll want to find out what kind of visual information is being presented; and compare that to your background.  If you've handled similar lecture-slides without assistance before, you might not need it here.  If you rely on the professor's descriptions; some are more clear than others: that's why sitting in on a class ahead of time can give you a good sense of what accomidations, if any, you might need.

--Paul