[Nfb-science] Advice-legal issue with previous employer

Jennifer Lasseter jenrose1976 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 22 17:59:53 UTC 2017

Dear fellow engineers and scientists,
I left employment with the solar company in the greater Austin area a few months go I left employment with a solar company in the greater Austin area a few months ago. I received a text message from my previous employer this past week on Thursday A copy of which is below. Beyond issues with a noncompete clause, towards the latter half of the long message there are references to issues surrounding my blindness. Any advice you may have or resources you can point me to that may help me deal with this matter would be greatly appreciated!

Begin copy of text message received October 19 2017 at 10:52 AM:
Hi Jennifer,

I saw you at the Austin Energy Contractor's meeting today.  If you are coming to hang out, I suppose that's fine. But if you were attending the contractor's meeting with the intention of getting another job and solar in this area, that is absolutely not acceptable.  And this is your second notification.

I will remind you that you signed an iron clad non-compete with our company.  Under no circumstances can you enter into competition with us in any way.

As I have done my best to explain to you, we invested quite a lot in you.  You had no sales experience when we took you on.  And eventhough you were competent on the technical aspects of solar, you had very little understanding of the business end.  We gave you a lot of training and built you up essentially from ground zero.  I was happy to build you up, but it is not okay to take all this training and help we gave you to further your career with another solar company to our detriment.  We also really went above and beyond to help you by putting together your proposals, solar calculator, etc and driving you back and forth to your appts and canvassing locations.  That cost us a lot of time and a lot of money and lost productivity in having to take myself and other reps out of production to help you.

You also called and cancelled several of our appts and told them not to go solar with us, essentially sabotaging us with those jobs and costing us thousands of dollars in lost profits.  This is also in direct violation to your Employment Agreement with 2nd Energy.

I sincerely wish you the best.  But if you do enter into competition with us I will not hesitate to take legal action.

I wish you well in your future endeavors, as long as they do not conflict with our interests or the Employment Agreement signed by you.

-Jennifer 😎❤☀
Mobile: 512-736-0790