[NFB-Science] Gravity experiments

Larry Wayland lhwayland at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 11 04:15:19 UTC 2018

The formula for calculating the excellaration of a falling object is
D=.5a*t^2
D is distance, a is acceleration
T is time
On earth, the acceleration is 32 feet per second per second.
On the moon the accelerationis 32/6 or 5.33333feet per second per second
Now plug the numbers into the variable a and devide by 2 for the earth it will give you 16
For the moon that will give you 2.666
Now if you let a object fall for 2 seconds on the earth that will be 2 squared or 4. Now multiply 4 times 16 which will give you 64 feet so in 2 seconds a object will fall 64 feet on the earth. Bythe way the object will be falling 64 feet per second at that point as well.
Now the moon.
Let a object fall for 2 seconds on the moon.
So we square the time which is 2. So that will be 4.
Now multiply 4 times 2.666 and you will get  10.664
So on earth a object will fall 64 feet in two seconds.
On the moon the object will fall 10.6 feet in two seconds.
Here we are dropping the object in a vaccume on the earth as it will be on the moon.
Hope that helps.