[NFB-Science] Presenting History of Apollo 11 at BELL Program

Tina Hansen th404 at comcast.net
Thu Aug 16 21:31:55 UTC 2018

I have just been talking with our state's BELL coordinator, and it looks
like we're going to aim for presenting the history of Apollo 11 sometime
during next year's program. We'll likely have students between 10-12, and
maybe some older students.

Since we want to do the history, we'll need materials on the subject. We'll
also need props, such as a command and lunar module. Apart from what we've
found at the NASA space centers, we're not sure about other options. We're
also not sure how to present the history in an engaging manner.

But here's the problem. We'll only have an hour and a half to present, so we
can't do anything too elaborate. This reminds me of Apollo 13, where they
needed to fit a square peg into a round hole.

In short, we're not sure what to do. Do any of you have ideas on how to meet
this challenge? Thanks.