[NFB-Science] Looking for Blind Mechanical Engineer

Gene Kim gene.sh.kim at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 20:09:04 UTC 2022

Hi Kahmile,

I'm a completely blind undergrad at Stanford taking Mechanical Engineering
courses. I've asked around many places and unfortunately haven't heard of a
practicing blind mechanical engineer. That being said though, I'd be happy
to connect with you to share my experiences and work arounds with
non-visual engineering. Feel free to email me off list at
gene.sh.kim at gmail.com and we can schedule a phone call. You may also
consider joining the blind Science and Engineering Mentorship program I
help run with Newton Nguyen (a blind enviornmental engineering PhD student
at CalTech) and Kennedy Stomberg (a blind PhD student working at the
Developmental Neurolingistics Lab at the City University of New York) if
you'd like to join a community of blind STEM-ers who actively talk about
non-visual STEM strategies and accessibility. You can fill out the
following form to join:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ZQocAcXQ_j2u-ytH3TROxaVcpeGslRAwXhzNc3rW-GI/edit

Cheers,
Gene