[NFB-Science] Looking for Accessible Robotics Kit

Kahmile A Whitby kawhitby at mit.edu
Thu Aug 31 18:51:04 UTC 2023

Hello All,

Not sure if this sent correctly to the lists so sending again:

Is anyone aware of an accessible robotics kit? Like a Vex or LEGO car that I can write code for on my computer using JAWS or NVDA and then push to the car.

I am trying to do a personal         project to get this car to avoid obstacles. I am shopping around, have contacted these companies via phone and email, and haven't gotten a straight answer yet.

I just need to know whether or not the development environments  offered by these or similar companies are accessible to screen readers as this is how I would send commands to the car. I have been poking around with JAWS and NVDA on the LEGO Spike Prime online app and desktop app and I don't think I'm having success so far.

Regards,
Kahmile

Kahmile Whitby
Department of Mechanical Engineering