[NFB-Seniors-Discussion] NFBN Senior Division February Meeting - Special Guest - Blind Teck Teacher and Candy Maker

robertleslienewman at gmail.com robertleslienewman at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 15:53:23 UTC 2024

Hi You All

RE- Our February meeting is three days off, Monday the 12th

Contents of this message:

*1: Topic of our meeting

*2: When and how to get on our call

*3: Agenda

*4: The NFB Pledge

*5: reports; January Secretary's Report

*1:Topic:

A special guest, Tina Kramer Terri. A former Nebraskan; back from
California. She is a senior, a woman with a mission to expand her businesses
of- #1 a nation wide contract teacher of access technology for the blind. #2
Her homemade caramel candies.

*2: When and how to get on the call

Date: Monday, February 12th

Time: 7:00 CT

Join Zoom Meeting:

 <https://zoom.us/j/97431318555?pwd=NmVpT2VhTEl4ZlczVElyZDYycDNGQT09>
https://zoom.us/j/97431318555?pwd=NmVpT2VhTEl4ZlczVElyZDYycDNGQT09

One tap mobile:

+13462487799,,97431318555#,,,,*637552#

+14086380968,,97431318555#,,,,*637552#

Dial by your location:

+1 346 248 7799

+1 408 638 0968

Meeting ID: 974 3131 8555

Passcode: 637552

*3: Agenda

-First- Come to order, do introductions, and we have our NFB Pledge; voiced
by Jerry

-second- Tina will present the scope of her work as a teacher of access
technology and her home-grown specialty candy business.

--OLD BUSINESS

-Contact current and past members to join in on our call!

-If you have not yet paid your dues, do so!

-We will look back at methods to get non-computer users the same digital
information that others get on a monthly basis

-Whatever else members may bring.

--NEW BUSINESS

-Update on affiliate news: convention, Washington seminar, other 2024
affiliate initiatives, etc.

-Whatever else we get from the membership.

- Brags and Drags

*4: NFB Pledge:

I pledge to participate actively in the efforts of the National Federation
of the Blind to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind;
to support the policies and programs of the Federation; and to abide by its
constitution.

*5: Minutes from our last meeting:

NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND OF NEBRASKA SENIOR DIVISION MEETING
SECRETARY's REPORT

Monday, January 8, 2024

The NFBN Senior Division met via Zoom on Monday, January 8, 2024. President
Robert Newman called the meeting to order at 7:00 CST. Members present were:
President Robert Newman, Vice President Barbara Loos, Secretary Linda
Mentink, Treasurer Cheryl Livingston, Board Member Nancy Oltman, Dorothy
Babel, Chris Boone, Bob Burns, George Fischer, Melvin Forster, Brad Loos,
Doug Peterson, Steve Senteney, and Jerry Whitlow. Guests present were: Jo
Boshart, Kathy Brahmer, Gina Finnell, Karen Lemmon, Terry Long, Ruth
Schmeits, Eli and Emily Sidders, and Dan Treffer.

Linda recited our NFB Pledge. Jerry will recite it next month.

Karen Lemmon, our guest speaker, told us a little about herself. She is
starting an in-home business with a company called Optavia. She explained
this health plan and its pros and cons. She answered questions. Karen is
willing to talk more with anyone. Her cell number is 308-430-0145 and her
email address is  <mailto:klemmon104 at gmail.com> klemmon104 at gmail.com.

Linda read the December 11, 2023, Secretary's Report. There were no
additions or corrections, so it will become a part of the permanent record
of the organization.

Cheryl read the January 8, 2024, Treasurer's Report. It will become a part
of the financial record of the organization. Anyone wanting to pay dues with
a check should write it for $10 payable to NFBN Senior Division and send it
to Cheryl Livingston, 1026 South 35th Street, Lincoln, Nebraska 68510.

Chris reported that no one from our affiliate is going to Washington Seminar
as of now. Jamie will be back for good sometime around the 20th. The agency
contracted with Jessica Beecham and J.J. Meddaugh to take students to DC for
the Washington Seminar. Six high school and college students are going.
Convention plans are moving forward. Please email Chris at
<mailto:christineboone2 at gmail.com> christineboone2 at gmail.com with any
concerns, questions or convention suggestions.

We discussed getting information to people who do not have email and getting
together in person. Linda suggested that, instead of having a guest speaker
next month, we talk about how to get information to members who do not have
email. Members thought that she should facilitate the discussion, and she
agreed to do so.

We shared brags and drags.

There was no further business, so we adjourned at 8:53 PM CST.

Respectfully submitted,

Linda Mentink, Secretary

Treasurer's Report Senior Division

Monday ,January 8, 2024

Beginning Balance               $2005.83

Expenses

PAC for Jan                           $ 15.00

Total Expenses                                 $ 15.00

Deposits

Dues                                       $ 10.00

Ending Balance                                $2005.83

Members who have paid dues as of this report

Linda Mentink

Dorothy Babel

Respectfully submitted,

Cheryl Livingston, Treasurer