[Nfb-seniors] Social Security Website accessibility

Judy Sanders jsanders.nfb at comcast.net
Thu Apr 30 23:01:55 UTC 2009

Below is a message from Ali Harper.  She explains who she is and how her law firm is working with the NFB to determine how accessible the Social Security website is.  Can we, as blind users, get meaningful information?  Are we finding out what we want to know?  Whether our experience is good or bad she wants to know about it.  If you are willing to help please let her know.

Judy Sanders

The NFB is looking into the accessibility of the Social Security Administration's website (www.ssa.gov).  We are looking for individuals who either have used, tried to use, or would have reason to use this website, for example, to apply for retirement or disability benefits, check one's status if already a recipient or applicant for benefits, to seek general information about social security benefits, or any other reason.  The website has a lot of important information, and we want to ensure it's accessible.  If you'd like to help us better understand how accessible this website is, please contact Alli Harper at ah at browngold.com, a Brown, Goldstein & Levy attorney working with the NFB on this issue.

Thanks so much, Alli

Allison L. Harper

Attorney At Law

Brown, Goldstein & Levy, LLP
120 East Baltimore Street
Suite 1700
Baltimore, Maryland  21202
410-962-1030
410-385-0869 (fax)

ah at browngold.com

www.browngold.com

Confidentiality Notice

This e-mail may contain confidential information that may also be legally privileged and that is intended only for the use of the addressee(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient or an authorized agent of the recipient, please be advised that any dissemination or copying of this e-mail, or taking of any action in reliance on the information contained herein, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify me immediately by use of the reply button, and then delete the e-mail from your system. Thank you.