[Nfb-seniors] Deaf blind query.

Ramona Walhof rwnfbi at qwest.net
Thu Jun 4 15:24:46 UTC 2009

Hi, David.   Your friend will have to determine if there is other damage
from the stroke.  He certainly should try spelling words slowly using large
letters into the palm of the man.  If that works, they will be able to find
shortcuts. I believe you can get from Helen Keller International a
simplified system for spelling into the hand.    They also would be able to
teach it.  Again, the total stroke damage would have to be assessed.
Ramona