[Nfb-seniors] Attention users of the KNFB Mobile Reader

Dave Mack dcmack2 at comcast.net
Sat Feb 13 02:36:36 UTC 2010

Hi, folks. I am just alerting anyone on this list that uses or is interested
in the
Kurzweil KNFB Mobile Reader that KNFB is considering offering a reader
cellphone stand as an accessory which will permit using cellphone versions
of the reader to
be placed above books and magazines for optimal and stable hands-free
reading orientation.  A second prototype is in the works and a decision to
produce the portable stand depends on users interest in such a dportable
enhancement.  So far response has been sufficient to generate production of
the second prototype but additional interest would help in making KNFB's
final decision on how to proceed and also reduce cost. Anyone who is
interested needs to express their interest for a KNFB Reader stand to Tom
Goff at tgoff at knfbreader.com.

Even if you are not a current user of the KNFB Reader, if you think the
stand might be an added incentive to purchase the Reader, then let Tom know.

Here is a link to Tom's remarks about the reader stand which is now
generating a very good response:
http://www.nfbnet.org/pipermail/reader-users_nfbnet.org/2010-February/009663.html.

We are trying to get the word out to as many interested users as possible so
if you belong to other lists of blind or visually impaired users or have
friends who might be interested, then please let them know or send them a
copy of this email.  Many thanks.

Best regards,
Grandpa Dave in
California