[Nfb-seniors] introduction

Sherri flmom2006 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 23:04:54 UTC 2010

Hello all,

My name is Sherri Brun and I have been involved with the NFB since 1979. My first NFB-related activity was attending the National Convention in Miami, FL. Back then, for those of you who know me, I was Sherri Hicks. Anyway, I remember hearing about the seniors division, reading about it in the agendas at convention and thinking, "I have no interest in that group!" Well, years have passed. I live in Orlando Florida. I have three children, two girls who are grown and one 13-year-old boy, a product of my last marriage. I am currently single. Anyway, now, with the passage of time, I am suddenly very interested in this list and think it is probably most appropriate for me. I sort of don't fit though, because I do have a 13-year-old boy and lots of parenting questions, but maybe some of you still have fairly young children at home and we can commiserate or I can benefit from the advice of those who have raised boys, as it is totally different than raising girls. Anyway, I look forward to both observing and participating on this list, which I feel now truly meets my needs. *smile.

Sherri

Sherri Brun, NFBF Secretary and Newsline® Coordinator
E-mail:  flmom2006 at gmail.com
http://www.nfbnewslineonline.org
http://www.nfbflorida.org

"Don't give up something you want forever for something you want only for now!"