[Nfb-seniors] The Indomitable Spirit of Ray McGeorge to Live in Our Hearts Forever

Kevan Worley kevanworley at blindmerchants.org
Fri Jun 18 16:17:56 UTC 2010

To our Federation Family,

I have been asked by our beloved colleague and friend, Diane to write
to all of you with the very sad news that Ray passed away at 8:30
mountain time this morning, June 18th. He was with Diane. He was
surrounded by friends and his beloved Federation family. As most of
you know, Ray became ill over five weeks ago, and was rushed to the
hospital. While at the hospital, later that week, Ray suffered a
severe stroke. One week ago, Ray was transferred to the hospice at
St. John's. Many of us have been at Ray's side and we know that many
hundreds, if not thousands of you have been sending up your prayers
for Ray and Diane. Diane has been overwhelmed and appreciative,
beyond words of all of your love and heartfelt expressions of support
for her and Ray.

We will be sending information about memorial services. It is not my
place to get into all of those details in this writing. Please
circulate this sad notice to all of our friends and colleagues. I can
tell you that throughout the sadness we now know that Ray is at
peace. I can also tell you that Diane is now visiting with Dr. Mauer.

Arrangements are being finalized.

Yours in love,

Kevan