[Nfb-seniors] Mexican Cruise

Jerry Hathaway jerry.hathaway2 at verizon.net
Thu Jun 24 04:27:59 UTC 2010

If you are looking for a fun vacation and also help the National Federation of the Blind of Oregon this cruise is for you.

National Federation of the Blind of Oregon Mexico Cruise - March 2011

Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) "Star" - March 19 - 26, 2011 (Oregon spring break)

FIESTA OR SIESTA - WE'VE GOT THE BEST CRUISE FOR YOU Each port along the Mexican Riviera is filled with fun and adventure including kayaking, zip lining, swimming with dolphins,Scuba diving and much more. You're never far from a beautiful beach or a good party. And, don't forget, the perfect spot on board to partake in the Mexican tradition of the afternoon siesta is right by the pool. Now that's Freestyle Cruising®.

ITINERARY DAY DATE PORT ARRIVE   DEPART

Saturday Mar 19, 2011 Los Angeles, California  4:00pm

Sunday Mar 20, 2011 At Sea

Monday Mar 21, 2011 Cabo San Lucas Mexico Noon 7:00pm

Tuesday Mar 22, 2011 Mazatlan, Mexico 8:00am 5:00pm

Wednesday Mar 23, 2011 Puerto Vallarta, Mexico 8:00am 5:00pm

Thursday Mar 24, 2011 At Sea

Friday Mar 25, 2011 At Sea

Saturday Mar 26, 2011 Los Angeles, California 8:00am

Inside cabin (category KK, deck 5, 142 square feet) = $465 per person

Ocean view cabin (category E, unobstructed view, deck 5, 159 square feet) = $635 per person

Balcony cabin (category BC, deck 9, 203 square feet) = $865 per person.

EVERYONE will receive a $50 shipboard credit per cabin. Note:  These rates INCLUDE all taxes and port fees; however, the tax portion of the rate is subject to change until paid in full.  Currently, $80.21 of these rates are taxes --- it is this portion of the rate that is subject to change until paid in full. The categories I listed above is where we have our blocked space; however, if someone preferred another category, they can still book into our group and receive the same group benefits -- the rate just may be different.  Also, I would like to point out that the cruiseline sometimes offer discounts to past guests, service workers (i.e. firefighters, military, etc.), and certain union workers (i.e. teacher's union and other big unions).  At the time someone books their cabin, I will ask certain questions to see if they qualify for further discounts.  If, for example, the "past guest" (called Latitude Member) discount is less than our group discount, then the rate will be adjusted to the better rate.  NCL makes sure people are not penalized for being part of a group --- so any discount someone may qualify for, they would still get even in this group.  However, many times the group rate is a better rate; but, as I said, we can compare rates and go with the better at the time of booking.

The NFBO will receive $50 per cabin booked and paid for.  If eight (8) or more cabins are booked, then this amount increases to $100 per cabin contribution to the NFBO (exception: maximum of $50 contribution for cabins not booked thru me --- however, these cabins still will help toward the cabin count to receive the bonuses).  Also, for every 8 cabins booked, the equivalent to one person rate will be offered to the NFBO as a bonus.  This rate is determined by the majority of the type of cabin booked; and this bonus rate is based off the base rate, not including taxes and port fees.

I reserved 12 inside cabins, 12 ocean view cabins, and 8 balcony cabins.

Like last year, those that are interested in booking a cabin, needs to call (or email me) directly.  A deposit of $275 per person is required to hold their cabin --- check or money order only.  Only $25 of this deposit, per person, is non-refundable --- the balance is refundable until final payment.  Final payment will then be due December 23, 2010; and at that time stiff penalties go into affect for cancellation.  Credit card payments are allowed for the final payment (as well as check or money orders) --- just not for the deposit.

Kim Howell

Travelfax

PO Box 806

Turner, OR  97392